53 in, 10 out.
We are down to the final ten in what has started as fifty-three.
- Ten immediately went to record contracts with XL.
- Another five went to record contracts with Jive.
- Twenty more recorded 78 songs and are now pooled with fifteen studios associated with Thunder Valley.
- Five are Thunder Valley reserves that are marketable, but need improvements in style.
- The final ten; Al, Terrance, Eileen, Tina, Terry, John, Crystal, Arlene, Samantha and Samuel must now compete in the song writing championship. Each must write twenty songs to be placed into a pool, then they must perform 10 selected songs by the staff out of that pool. Each performance will be video-taped and graded by the producers. Excluded are their proprietary songs.
- During the last month, 304 songs were recorded or video-taped at Thunder Valley. 116 in one week.
- Some of the future artists will perform on IDOL.
- 1007 demos have been received since February 17,2011.